Steelcraft was founded in 1933 by the Levinson family as a building products distribution company in downtown Cincinnati. Prosperity turned into dramatic growth in 1942 when the company began manufacturing various building products such as doors and steel casement windows. Government contracts spurred this growth during World War II and included prefabricated steel buildings, various ship and aircraft parts, pipe rails, and bailey bridges. In 1946, Steelcraft secured its 32 acre site in suburban Blue Ash and built its first 20,000 square feet of factory space. Today, Steelcraft occupies 580, 000 square feet of manufacturing and warehousing space.
Steelcraft sold its metal building division to Inland Steel Products Company in 1959. American Standard purchased Steelcraft from the Levinson family in 1969. After 19 years of successful ownership, American Standard sold Steelcraft to MascoTech in 1988. In order to focus on their residential core business, MascoTech sold Steelcraft to IR Security & Safety in 1996.
Today, Steelcraft doors and frames are distributed in the United States and in the rapidly growing overseas market. As a key member of IR Security & Safety, Steelcraft is well positioned to continue its dramatic growth and success into the twenty first century.